Saskatchewan Polytechnic employs a media streaming server powered by Kaltura. Sask Polytech MediaSpace allows Sask Polytech users to upload media to be shared with others. Uploaded media is converted and optimized for streaming to both mobile devices and web browsers. Sask Polytech MediaSpace functions similar to the popular video sharing site YouTube, except authentication is linked to Sask Polytech user accounts.
What can you do on Sask Polytech MediaSpace?
- Upload media from your computer for sharing on the internet
- Record video directly from your computer webcam
- Record your computer screen
- Manage and share your media through ‘My Media’
- Share media within a Desire2Learn (D2L) BrightSpace course media gallery
- Embed media directly into your Desire2Learn (D2L) BrightSpace course pages
How could you use Sask Polytech MediaSpace for teaching and learning?
- Upload video resources to share in your Desire2Learn (D2L) BrightSpace course
- Have students create video presentations as part of their course work
- Use videos to create a flipped classroom
- Use a webcam to create a welcome message for your students
- Have students create videos demonstrating topics from your course